cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have some 330 models that are in the same building which all keep losing connection for a couple seconds so it sends me email notifications, needless to say im getting lots of them. Any suggestions?

I have some 330 models that are in the same building which all keep losing connection for a couple seconds so it sends me email notifications, needless to say im getting lots of them. Any suggestions?

sdlujan
New Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

There are many different things that can affect an APs CAPWAP connection. Commonly firewalls, IDP, content filters and MPLS networks are the culprits. Please be sure you have white listed/allowed the APs full access on ports UDP 12222 and TCP 22. As a test you can switch an AP over to HTTP over TCP on 80 and 443.

SSH into an AP and run the following commands in order.

no capw cli en

capw cli transport http

capw cli en

save conf

The AP will now traverse ports 80 and 443 instead of 12222 and 22.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

There are many different things that can affect an APs CAPWAP connection. Commonly firewalls, IDP, content filters and MPLS networks are the culprits. Please be sure you have white listed/allowed the APs full access on ports UDP 12222 and TCP 22. As a test you can switch an AP over to HTTP over TCP on 80 and 443.

SSH into an AP and run the following commands in order.

no capw cli en

capw cli transport http

capw cli en

save conf

The AP will now traverse ports 80 and 443 instead of 12222 and 22.

sdlujan
New Contributor II
They are the AP’s in the boys high school dorms. They disconnect for a second or so and then regain connectivity. Not really causing issues cuz its more annoying then anything to keep getting email notifications. I would like to get it figured out before school starts again tho.

Sam Lujan
Santa Fe Indian School | Network Administrator
Office: 505.216.7312
Cell Ph: 505.569.2806
www.sfis.k12.nm.us
[sfislogo]

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Are these APs in a remote facility across a WAN? It's possible the capwap threshold is being triggered. If you have ssh our console access you can run the "show version" common to check the APs uptime. A command to check capwap status is "show capwap client."

Best,

BJ

sdlujan
New Contributor II
Yessir, here is the error

Device apHDA-1-5: The CAPWAP connection with HiveManager was lost.

Alert

Alert Type: CAPWAP
Severity: Critical
Device ID: E01C41E0E7A0
Device Name: apHDA-1-5
Time: 07-09-2018 10:17:19

Sam Lujan
Santa Fe Indian School | Network Administrator
Office: 505.216.7312
Cell Ph: 505.569.2806
www.sfis.k12.nm.us
[sfislogo]