cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I'm adding a new mgt VLAN and want to change the mgt0 static IP. However, when I update via the web portal, it says it takes the update, the config is saved, and the AP reboots. After that, it reverts to the old IP. (mgt native vlan sticks to the ne

I'm adding a new mgt VLAN and want to change the mgt0 static IP. However, when I update via the web portal, it says it takes the update, the config is saved, and the AP reboots. After that, it reverts to the old IP. (mgt native vlan sticks to the ne

kelly_brown
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kelly_brown
New Contributor
Nope, that was all working, but it was highly confusing. I heard back from support:

ā€œUnfortunately this is a known issues with Cloud IQ itself, we already have a high priority ticket in with our dev team. However there is no ETA for a resolution yet.

The behavior is that after pushing the new static IP, Cloud IQ will begin to display the previous IP information after. If you don't update again (after the UI reverts) the new static you are trying to set should still be in the CLI.

It seems like removing and re-adding the AP to inventory resolves the display issue at least temporarily. However I have hear the issue can recur even after doing this process.
ā€œ

Glad to know I wasnā€™t going insane.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kelly_brown
New Contributor
Nope, that was all working, but it was highly confusing. I heard back from support:

ā€œUnfortunately this is a known issues with Cloud IQ itself, we already have a high priority ticket in with our dev team. However there is no ETA for a resolution yet.

The behavior is that after pushing the new static IP, Cloud IQ will begin to display the previous IP information after. If you don't update again (after the UI reverts) the new static you are trying to set should still be in the CLI.

It seems like removing and re-adding the AP to inventory resolves the display issue at least temporarily. However I have hear the issue can recur even after doing this process.
ā€œ

Glad to know I wasnā€™t going insane.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That means the AP was able to take the settings but wasn't able to pass traffic with the new addresses. I'd recommend checking the backend routes and ports to make sure the traffic isn't being dropped in the new set up.

GTM-P2G8KFN