cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to set up a mesh connection, what can I use to do this, do I have to use the ATOm A30 ?

I need to set up a mesh connection, what can I use to do this, do I have to use the ATOm A30 ?

sschatvet
New Contributor
9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Clients refers to client devices. So you may have 10 people in the network, but each person may have two client devices (phone and ipad for example), so you would have 20 client devices on the network.

sschatvet
New Contributor

The connection will be indoors, and I am just trying to extend the range of our wireless network, so I do not know what you mean by clients.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Is the Mesh connection going to be indoors or outdoors? If it's outdoors, I would recommend the AP1130. If it's indoors, maybe an AP 250 or 550, depending on how many clients you are trying to host.

sschatvet
New Contributor

I need to know which Mesh system to buy, we do not want to spend a lot, but we do want something that is easy set up.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You don't have to use an ATOM, any of our APs will form a mesh bridge. If you can tell me what HiveManager platform you are using, I can give you a guide for setting up Mesh in your HiveManager.

This guide will walk you through how to determine which HiveManager you are using, for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using

GTM-P2G8KFN