cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I saw this alarm cleared for few of our client site's. "The IP address of the CAPWAP server changed". can you explain what this means ?

I saw this alarm cleared for few of our client site's. "The IP address of the CAPWAP server changed". can you explain what this means ?

amber_mehdi1
New Contributor
1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That would depend a bit on what HiveManager platform you are using. For instance, HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com) runs of a cluster of servers, so it does not have a single IP and the IP that the AP detects may change from time to time. To be sure about what is happening, we'd want to enable CAPWAP debugs and pull tech data directly after, and again after we see that alarm appear again for the AP with the debugs running on it.

CAPWAP debugs:

_debug capwap info

_debug capwap basic

_debug capwap stat

These will be erased if the AP reboots. You can also manually disable these at any time by adding "no" to the start of the command; for example "no _debug capwap info". 

GTM-P2G8KFN