cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to deploy a single SSID but use multiple CWP's for different VLAN's per user depending on the PPSK they submit. Is this possible?

I want to deploy a single SSID but use multiple CWP's for different VLAN's per user depending on the PPSK they submit. Is this possible?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I looked up the PPSK deployment guides and at first it says its possible, but on closer examination, the ppsk deployment guides have more items in it than is on the Hivemanager NG. I am using the example of a business park with 10 different businesses using one SSID. Trying to use the same deploymen within Hivemanager NG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I've sent you an email with more detailed instructions and screen captures, but in case anyone else has this question, I wanted to post the general answer here. We can have multiple user groups using different VLANs in one SSID. We would do this with assignment rules, and in this case they would be assignment rules based on user groups. So the rule would say all users in user group X, get user profile Y, and user profile Y has VLAN Z.

We can technically also apply different CWPs on one SSID, but the only assignment rule available for that function currently is to assign the CWPs based on location. This means that we can do this if these users are connecting to different APs, and those APs have been applied to different maps. However, if all of your clients are sharing one location, this would not be possible.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello @Thomas Alff​ , your configuration looks good. You can always make the default user profile use a VLAN that doesn't exist on your backend network so if someone does connect to that user profile, they won't be able to pass traffic. In order to see why some clients are getting the default user profile you would need to SSH in to the AP and run the following auth debugs:

_debug auth basic

_debug auth verbose

Then reproduce the issue and pull tech data right away. If you can email me the tech data and the MAC address of the client you used to reproduce the issue to communityhelp@aerohive.com, then I can take a look and let you know what we see.

Thomas_Alff
New Contributor

8db9601def804a7cba4a3e0e940e85a8_0690c000006VhBCAA0.jpgHello to all,

we have a problem with the PPSK configuration. We want so use one SSID with 2 keys. One key for VLAN a-wlan-3PEF and the other one for p-wlan-campus. We configer the groups, the user, add the rules, but sometimes devices get access to the default user profile. We don´t need the default user profile, we have problems with the default user profile configuration.

take a look to the image

Where is the misstake in the configuration?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I've sent you an email with more detailed instructions and screen captures, but in case anyone else has this question, I wanted to post the general answer here. We can have multiple user groups using different VLANs in one SSID. We would do this with assignment rules, and in this case they would be assignment rules based on user groups. So the rule would say all users in user group X, get user profile Y, and user profile Y has VLAN Z.

We can technically also apply different CWPs on one SSID, but the only assignment rule available for that function currently is to assign the CWPs based on location. This means that we can do this if these users are connecting to different APs, and those APs have been applied to different maps. However, if all of your clients are sharing one location, this would not be possible.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

To clarify, using the Private PSK Deployment Scenarios, scenario for Business Parks doesn't quite apply to Hivemanager NG. Does anyone have a different Solution for NG? The gist of it is this. I have for example 5 vlans. Based off of 5 user groups, with users in each group, I want to have 1 SSID that hands users over to their respective VLANs. This idea closely mirrors the business park scenario, however the implementation feature set doesn't apply to Hivemanager NG. Can any one be of assistance?

GTM-P2G8KFN