cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to import the maps from a HMOL system, to a new HivemanagerNG system. The HivemanagerNG system has only 1 admin account and the maps tab is not visible . How can I get this tab to show or otherwise import the maps from the previous system?

I want to import the maps from a HMOL system, to a new HivemanagerNG system. The HivemanagerNG system has only 1 admin account and the maps tab is not visible . How can I get this tab to show or otherwise import the maps from the previous system?

zaheeds
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Nope not at all. Configuration isn't moved across, it will only add devices (if there were any left to export, but that doesn't sound the case) and add the maps.

zaheeds
New Contributor

Thank you Ashley - for the fast response. I can see the "import map" location now. I am taking over this task, where the APs were already individually (re)moved from HMOL to HMNG. Would exporting and importing the rest of the settings have an adverse effect on the newly created HMNG system's settings?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

"Maps" is within the insights tab in HiveManager NG.

Export from classic > Home > hivemanager operations > backup database > Backup for migration to HMNG

Import them to NG from hovering over the top right name/icon > global settings > VHM Managment > import VHM

This will also move any APs over also.

GTM-P2G8KFN