cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to create a user (via user group) which "does expire withing one week after first login" and "does NOT expire when never logged in". I do not find a way to do so. Is that possible? THX

I would like to create a user (via user group) which "does expire withing one week after first login" and "does NOT expire when never logged in". I do not find a way to do so. Is that possible? THX

gilles_hoffmann
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

gilles_hoffmann
New Contributor

Thx a lot for support. Will do so.

G

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

At this point it's just a hard limit in the GUI but I'm not sure what it was set up that way. I'd recommend reaching out to your sales engineer with a feature request to see if we can remove that limitation in a future release. I've emailed you directly with your sales engineer's contact information.

gilles_hoffmann
New Contributor

Thank you Sam,

That is what I had figured out. Is there any specific reason why the max. validity is 30 weeks when using a validity "after first login"?

I would need to create vouchers which will only expire after first login but stay valid when not used.

It is for emergency deployment kits which are often in stock for more than 30 weeks.

Gilles

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We can set the user to expire 7 days after first use, but the credentials can only be unused for 30 weeks max before they become invalid. To set this up, you'll want to go Configure> Users> Create a new user Group> Set the user group Password DB Location to "Cloud"> Password Type to PPSK> Set the Account Expiration to "Valid for Time Period"> set the time period for 7 days> set the "After" field to "first login"> Set the "Access Key must be used within" to 30 weeks. 54f8c78c414a498ab1b4bf3b5df5ebd5_0694Q000009I17nQAC.png

GTM-P2G8KFN