cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know what the overall effect of setting up High density Mode in AP250's would have in an office environment.

I would like to know what the overall effect of setting up High density Mode in AP250's would have in an office environment.

cforrest
New Contributor

My understanding is this should not be used in spaces which have lots of segmented space etc, what is the normal outcome of this being enabled. So I can understand what this feature does to the AP.

2 REPLIES 2

cforrest
New Contributor

I have seen this on a site, as the office has multiple rooms, partitions across 2 floors. I will choose standard 20Mhz 5ghz, configuration for 16 AP's , as I am wondering if this is one of the causes for some issues that arise.

Basically i will be taking the option to limit the max power 12db, allowing ACSP to select best power between neighbor devices, and tweak some AP's to be static power. I am hoping this will help things.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This guide should cover High Density settings and when to use them: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/When-to-Use-High-Density-Settings

In general, you are correct that this should only be enabled for APs in the same room. When implemented properly, the high density settings adjust data rates for maximum client traffic throughput. It prioritizes client traffic over other types of traffic to help with areas that have large amounts of client devices connecting in the same place.

GTM-P2G8KFN