cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i change a network policy that has a switch template in it, when i push the new policy to the switch, then the switch retains the old template. Why is this?

If i change a network policy that has a switch template in it, when i push the new policy to the switch, then the switch retains the old template. Why is this?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What switch model are you working with?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Any changes big or small made to the Switch Template are not pushed to the device. You have to manually go to the switch and modify the settings / ports, VLAN etc.

Try it

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Not all changes can be applied through a delta configuration, this option is for smaller changes that wouldn't require a reboot of the device. Have you tried pushing out template changes as complete configuration updates, at a time when you can have the device reboot?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Basically.

If you make a change to a switch template, You can't push that delta change to the switch.

So templates are only good for a new switch with the template applied first.

Subsequent changes in the template do not get reflected on the switch config.

To try and get round this, i thought if i added the switch to a new network policy (with a different switch template) then the new network policy should deliver the new settings with the new switch template.

However, this doesn't happen. The policy changes but the switch template stays the same.

So whats really the point of switch templates apart from to apply to a new or default settings switch.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you making changes to the template that are not being applied? If so, what changes are you making?

GTM-P2G8KFN