cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i change a network policy that has a switch template in it, when i push the new policy to the switch, then the switch retains the old template. Why is this?

If i change a network policy that has a switch template in it, when i push the new policy to the switch, then the switch retains the old template. Why is this?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
9 REPLIES 9

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

BJ, you said "If there are changes at the device level, they will override the template."

Is this the same for all device in HiveManager? If so, is there any way to override that, and have the network policy or device template wipe out all manual configurations, aside from completely resetting the device?

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

We use templates with classification on our 2300s. How have you classified the template to match this particular switch? Are you using the default 2348 template?

Try creating a new template, name it after the switch, i.e. hq-switch1, modify the ports, etc. and save the template. Next, set the device classification to match the switch, we use the device name & IP address.

Make sure connection to HiveManager is maintained throughout the push.

Another consideration...If there are changes at the device level, they will override the template. Can you be more specific as to the type of changes you have attempted?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for confirming that for me, I was able to test this in my lab and I can push out template changes to a SR2348P. Would you be able to open a technical support case and let me know the case number so I can update them with my lab results? If you'd rather email me directly, my address is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

SR2348P

GTM-P2G8KFN