cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I have an SSID that is in use across multiple locations and network policies, Is there a way to restrict the use of a particular PPSK by location or subnet?

If I have an SSID that is in use across multiple locations and network policies, Is there a way to restrict the use of a particular PPSK by location or subnet?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi John,

I believe this is possible by using PPSK classification rules. It's only a feature I've seen in the HiveManager and have not yet tested it, but from the configuration options it looks like this would do what you need. The caveat looks like it needs to use local rather than Cloud based PPSKs, but again I could be wrong on this, it's just my initial observation!

From the SSID > enable 'PPSK Classification Options'

Add a new user group > change password DB location to local > enable 'Enable use for PPSK Classification only'

Configure > users > PPSK classification > select policy containing SSID > Add users from the user group created above > apply classification rule(s) (Location, CCG, IP, Subnet, IP range) > push to AP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Thanks for the direction. I've been able to get this to work in a small test environment.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi John,

I believe this is possible by using PPSK classification rules. It's only a feature I've seen in the HiveManager and have not yet tested it, but from the configuration options it looks like this would do what you need. The caveat looks like it needs to use local rather than Cloud based PPSKs, but again I could be wrong on this, it's just my initial observation!

From the SSID > enable 'PPSK Classification Options'

Add a new user group > change password DB location to local > enable 'Enable use for PPSK Classification only'

Configure > users > PPSK classification > select policy containing SSID > Add users from the user group created above > apply classification rule(s) (Location, CCG, IP, Subnet, IP range) > push to AP.

GTM-P2G8KFN