cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the Atom AP30 was added on to the edge of a network, could it be configured to have its own DHCP server?

If the Atom AP30 was added on to the edge of a network, could it be configured to have its own DHCP server?

shaun2
New Contributor

For context, cabled AP's in each location and each has it's own SSID and DHCP server on the AP (basically acting as a router). Issue with cabling into one location but there is a fair/good WiFi connection available from other external AP's so the wireless will not be an issue.

Well aware there are far more elegant solutions but for numerous reasons I'm constrained to doing it in this method, just need to know whether the above setup is possible. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

The ATOM devices do have the ability to configure a DHCP server just like any other AP. The ATOM does need to run the same network policy as the Portal AP. I would generally recommend a NAT'd DHCP server hosted on the Portal AP with a GRE tunnel routing the traffic for the sub-interface from the ATOM to the Portal. I do not recommend hosting a DHCP server on a mesh device but it is possible.

GTM-P2G8KFN