cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import VHMs from Hivemanager Classic into Organizations?

Import VHMs from Hivemanager Classic into Organizations?

dal
New Contributor II

I need to import several VHM's from Hivemanager Classic into different Organizations.

If I understand this correctly, in HM NG there is only one VHM, but Organizations instead?

So Organizations are the new VHMs?

But when I try to import a VHM, it populates the default Organization called Your Organization, not the one I have selected to manage.

What to do?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you import two VHMs separately then all objects would be added to the original organization. We aren't able to import network policies at this time, so you would be bringing in mainly device inventories and maps.

I have submitted this feature request for you at this time, and thank you for clarifying your HiveManager platform for me.

dal
New Contributor II

Thanks for answering.

Yes, the plan was to import the VHMs separately, and I want to import them into separate Organizations.

This is of course impossible if all configuration goes into the default organization only.

If I import say, two VHMs, does their configurations become "mixed" or merged into the default organization?

I have only two options then:

1. Create all configuration including maps from scratch. Not really an option since the biggest VHMs contains hundreds of maps, over 1000 APs, etc
  2. Wait for a new feature to become available to allow VHM import directly into organizations. So yes, please submit a feature request on my behalf 🙂

We use Hivemanager (NG) on premise, btw.

Thank you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

When you are exporting those VHMs from Classic, are those VHMs separate, or are you importing multiple VHMs at a time? If the file you are importing includes multiple VHMs, only the data in the Home VHM will populate.

Organizations are similar to sub-VHMs in Classic, but not exactly alike. Unfortunately imports will populate in the original organization only. If you'd like to submit a feature request to see if our engineers can add the option to import in to different organizations, I would encourage you to use the feedback icon in the HiveManager (chat bubble icon on the right hand side of most pages, if you are using HiveManager online). I can also submit this feature request for you internally if you'd like?

GTM-P2G8KFN