cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Hivemanager classic (6.8r7a) under Monitor> Device Inventory I don't have an add option, only Remove and Export. Am I missing something?

In Hivemanager classic (6.8r7a) under Monitor> Device Inventory I don't have an add option, only Remove and Export. Am I missing something?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
12 REPLIES 12

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I followed suit, and looked at the wireshark dns packets. This clue let me to find out the APs aren't all in the same DNS zone, and there weren't consistent A records in each zone. Thanks again for your time and help in resolving this.

dennisph
New Contributor III

I booted up a new AP and ran wireshark and it looks like my access point made a DNS query for hivemanager.mydomain and redirector.aerohive.com both returned the ip address of my hivemanager.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Not sure if it provides any clues, but when I boot up an AP, it bounces between 0.0.0.0 and 54.172.0.252 as the CAPWAP server IP.

I can then run the command - capwap client server name "ip address of my on prem hivemanager" -

At this point the ap reboots.

I then have to rerun the above command, at which point it finds its way to hivemanager.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

yes

GTM-P2G8KFN