cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In regards to the maps and the planning tool. When you create maps that have multiple levels and access between the 2 levels eg Stairs does the plan take that into consideration. This is important especially when using Wireless phones etc.

In regards to the maps and the planning tool. When you create maps that have multiple levels and access between the 2 levels eg Stairs does the plan take that into consideration. This is important especially when using Wireless phones etc.

lee_matthews
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

Full 3-dimensional planning is afaik a not-so-trivial thing, you have to have reference points of the floors to let the machine know how they stack on top of each other, have to know the strength of the ceilings etc...

The planner included in the "big" version of Ekahau Site Survey can do this, and the tool is more exact than the estimate from Aerohive too (although the Aerohive software is quite robust for bein included in an administration tool, I am impressed! ).

For complex deployment planning I would still use ESS or something like it though.

Also, doing a site survey with it will easily reveal problem areas, especially if you also use the spectrum analyzer (wasn't there a function like this built in in the "classic" Hive Manager? Haven't seen it in NG).

I would rather have more features geared towards problem-free operation in the HiveManger and accompanying HiveOS releases than additional features in a planning tool that I will only use every few months/years.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tobias_protz
New Contributor III

Full 3-dimensional planning is afaik a not-so-trivial thing, you have to have reference points of the floors to let the machine know how they stack on top of each other, have to know the strength of the ceilings etc...

The planner included in the "big" version of Ekahau Site Survey can do this, and the tool is more exact than the estimate from Aerohive too (although the Aerohive software is quite robust for bein included in an administration tool, I am impressed! ).

For complex deployment planning I would still use ESS or something like it though.

Also, doing a site survey with it will easily reveal problem areas, especially if you also use the spectrum analyzer (wasn't there a function like this built in in the "classic" Hive Manager? Haven't seen it in NG).

I would rather have more features geared towards problem-free operation in the HiveManger and accompanying HiveOS releases than additional features in a planning tool that I will only use every few months/years.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The Maps will not take any other floors or maps in to consideration. For instance, you can have two different maps (Floor 1 and Floor 2), but they will not know about each other or take each others settings in to account when calculating RSSI or channels. If you'd like to see this functionality in the HiveManager, I would suggest using the feedback option on the side of the page (right hand side of any page, chat bubble icon). This goes directly to our engineering team, so it's the best way to submit feedback and feature requests.

GTM-P2G8KFN