Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the CSV files from reports, what is the Timestamp counted in

In the CSV files from reports, what is the Timestamp counted in

malcolm_snelgro
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the format is from the Timestamp attribute in the Aerohive NG CSV files from reports? I assume it is the number of seconds, but from when?

Regards,

Malcolm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

malcolm_snelgro
New Contributor III

I calculated it for myself. It appears to be milliseconds from the 1st of Jan 1970 for whatever reason. I used Google to count the days so I am not sure it if accounts for leap years etc, but it is in a few days of this date so I am assuming that this is correct.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Any body know, how to convert?

malcolm_snelgro
New Contributor III

Here is one of the timestamp in a CSV file.

I since realised this is the Unix standard for timestamps and there are websites which will help you convert from the Unix timestamp to Date & Time formats.

However the reporting period sometimes seems off, in that the csv file timestamp starts at a different time then the reporting interface and the email with the files reports it to start.

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Malcom,

Can you put a screenshot here? Please omit any sensitive data/information.

Thank you,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

malcolm_snelgro
New Contributor III

I calculated it for myself. It appears to be milliseconds from the 1st of Jan 1970 for whatever reason. I used Google to count the days so I am not sure it if accounts for leap years etc, but it is in a few days of this date so I am assuming that this is correct.

GTM-P2G8KFN