cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interstation Traffic blocked accidentally, need reopening

Interstation Traffic blocked accidentally, need reopening

admin32
New Contributor

have an SSID with a couple of user profile assignmentswhich works well but now have to re-enable interstation traffic to allow some 3rd party Aircons to be detected/ controlled by their controller app.

This requires that they all be on the same SSID and vlan or it doesn't register the devices.

A very awkward and ignorant software but i'm stuck with it.

I have reticked the interstation traffic box under SSID/Additional settings/oprtional settings/ traffic filters. and applied and rebooted but ping is not working when testing between clients. ping works from seperate vlans or profiles on the same AP but just not across the one vlan/userprofile

traffic filter is off for network policy

ssid have no firewall policy

I'm either missing something or the setting isn't applying

this was much easier under the old Hivemanager but I'm rather blind on NG

any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

admin32
New Contributor

Turning on interstation traffic on both SSIDs fixed it, very annoying as that's the last thing security/traffic noise wise I wanted but at least its working and the contractors can continue

was on 250s and I tried 8.411r and 10.0r4a

thanks Brian

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Kevin,

So if the command is missing, then it should imply that it is not being applied to that specific SSID and traffic between stations should be allowed. But you may be onto something in that a bug may be causing your issue.

What AP model and code version are you running? I can try to recreate it here to see if I get similar results. Likewise you could simply do a "ssid HOSTEL_WIFI inter-station-traffic" via that CLI prompt to enable it on that SSID and see if that has any implication on the other SSID where it shouldn't.

admin32
New Contributor

Thanks Brian

you were correct about the firewall policy being attached to profile as you said, anyway its off so N/A

ping tests were done from laptop to phone, all attached to the same SSID, on the same AP. if pinging from one user profileassignment/vlan/iprange to another the ping passes. if both devices are on the same userprofile/vlan/iprange nothing

this would tend to indicate its not an external routing issue between vlans to me

cli prompt list the config as below

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI security-object HOSTEL_WIFI

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI security mac-filter HOSTEL_WIFI

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI 11g-rate-set 18-basic 24 36 48 54

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI 11a-rate-set 18-basic 24 36 48 54

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI manage telnet

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI manage snmp

no ssid HOSTEL_WIFI inter-station-traffic

no ssid HOSTEL_WIFI wnm bss-transition disassociation-imminent enable

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI multicast drop-with-exceptions ARP,DHCPV4,DHCPV6,IPV6-NDP,IGMP-Query

ssid HOSTEL_WIFI client-monitor-policy default_Policy

ssid LC-Private-Network

ssid LC-Private-Network security-object LC-Private-Network

ssid LC-Private-Network security mac-filter LC-Private-Network

ssid LC-Private-Network 11g-rate-set 18-basic 24 36 48 54

ssid LC-Private-Network 11a-rate-set 18-basic 24 36 48 54

ssid LC-Private-Network manage telnet

ssid LC-Private-Network manage snmp

should the LC-private-network ,( the one i want to have Inter traffic) have a command or is the fact there is no command turning it off mean its on?

is the fact one SSID is off affecting the other SSID, bug perhaps

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Kevin,

It may be best to look at the CLI directly on an AP to see if the settings was enabled. If you select the AP from Monitor, you should be able to go under Action - Advanced and CLI access to get to a CLI prompt where you can run a "show run" to see the config on the device. A "show run | I inter" would show you any commands with the word "inter" in them which would be related to inter-station traffic. You'd see a line like the following if inter-station traffic was still blocked: no said <your SSID> inter-station-traffic.

You also stated that your SSID has no firewall policy. You mean the User Profile attached to the SSID, yes? As that'd be where it is set.

Also, what types of devices are these that you're trying to ping between?

GTM-P2G8KFN