cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have an SSID available on 2 AP's during the day (8am - 3 pm). And have it turn on all AP's at 3pm? It would be for our guest network. Thanks!

Is it possible to have an SSID available on 2 AP's during the day (8am - 3 pm). And have it turn on all AP's at 3pm? It would be for our guest network. Thanks!

chris_logan
New Contributor

We are running the latest version of Hivemanager NG (Version 19.7.1.13)

4 REPLIES 4

bpowers
Contributor

You cant apply two SSIDs with the same actual SSID to an AP. So that wouldn't work really. And creating multiple Network Policies with multiple SSID objects (for the same actual SSID) and setting schedules to them accordingly seems a bit overly complicated.

Your best bet IMO would be to simply use the CLI Supplement and setup the schedule availability commands there. Apply that the appropriate AP(s) to meet your needs.

Basically, if you create the schedule the way you want it, do a config delta audit, would show you the exact commands needed. Undo that config on your Network Policy so as to not apply the schedule directly to the Network Policy. Now create a CLI Supplement object and take those commands and drop them in it. Apply that object to the appropriate hardware.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Ah I misread the question somewhat, apologies.

I think currently you would need two SSIDs as there isn't any classification options for the schedule.

Probably best to recreate the SSID and apply classification rules (potentially with a cloud config group) to them so they only broadcast on the correct APs.

chris_logan
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

I did go there but didn't see a way to enable/schedule the SSID on 2 AP's during the school day and then everywhere after 3pm. Or do I need to create an additional SSID? Thanks!

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Yes, go to configuration > select the policy in use > select the SSID you want the schedule on > additional settings (at the bottom of the SSID, not the tab up the top) > SSID availability schedule > customise > add the schedule as recurring with the given days/times > save > push out delta to APs.

GTM-P2G8KFN