cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make rotating PPSKs in NG?

Is it possible to make rotating PPSKs in NG?

mcollins
New Contributor III

I am use to making PPSKs in the old HMOL that would rotate after a set period of time. I found that it was great for guest access.

Is there a way to create rotating PPSKs in NG, where a new password is automatically generated after a pre-defined period of time?

If not, is there a new feature which might replace this sort of functionality that I should be using instead?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

There is no way to have rotating PPSKs in NG. There are other features, like valid during certain dates, or valid for a certain length of time after user creation or first log in, etc. But there isn't a way to have the PPSK passwords change on a certain schedule. The closest thing I could find would be to set the account expiration to "Valid for time period", check the box next to "Renew user credentials", so they've have to renew which would technically change the password, but it's a lot more manual than what you had, and it involves self registration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mcollins
New Contributor III

Thanks @Georgia Mason​ - I thought was I going crazy!

I think I've worked out another way to achieve a similar result using "Valid For Time Period" but will need to do some testing to confirm. 

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

There is no way to have rotating PPSKs in NG. There are other features, like valid during certain dates, or valid for a certain length of time after user creation or first log in, etc. But there isn't a way to have the PPSK passwords change on a certain schedule. The closest thing I could find would be to set the account expiration to "Valid for time period", check the box next to "Renew user credentials", so they've have to renew which would technically change the password, but it's a lot more manual than what you had, and it involves self registration.

GTM-P2G8KFN