cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to bypass the initial SMTP setup when configuring HiveManager?

Is there a way to bypass the initial SMTP setup when configuring HiveManager?

Penny1
New Contributor

I am trying to setup a new instance of HiveManager NG to configure so we can migrate all of our devices off of the old HiveManager. Unfortunately I've run into a roadblock in the initial setup process. The page for configuring the SMTP settings requires the username be a valid email address (i.e. username@domain.com). We use AWS for our SMTP service and it does not use a full email address for the username. Has anyone figured out a way to work around this? This seems to be a common situation; not all SMTP servers require a fully qualified email address for the username.

Thanks,

Doug

19 REPLIES 19

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello @Gunter Reinhard​ , @Torsten Schoene​ , and @Tobias Jönsson​, thank you for adding to this thread, and for your patience while I followed up on this one our side. @Doug Penny​ please also feel free to join in on what we're discussing below if you would like.

Given the high demand here, I've received permission to do something a bit different for this request. I have already submitted a feature request on your behalf, however if you could please open a case with this request and let me know the case numbers, we're going to log this request in an additional way as well to see if we can get more traction.

If you have support, please open a case the usual way. If you do not have support, please email me directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com and we'll discuss the other options we have for getting a case made for you for this issue. Please do remember to send me the case numbers so there is no confusion with technical support as this isn't the usual procedure they follow, we've just been given a one time exception here.

tobias_s_jonsso
New Contributor

Yes this is a problem for us as well. Please fix

torsten_schoene
New Contributor

We have also the same problem. Please fix the problem.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

We have the same problem. As a consequence it's not possible to create additional (admin) users because Hivemanager wants to send the account information by Email to the new user. So, please submit that feature request, Sam.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately this isn't possible at the moment, but I'd be happy to submit a feature request for you to have this ability in future releases?

GTM-P2G8KFN