cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to block guest users from downloading and / or sharing copyrighted materials?

Is there anyway to block guest users from downloading and / or sharing copyrighted materials?

brad8
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for explaining. I looked in to this but unfortunately we don't have a way to prevent users downloading anything from sites they are able to reach. We could block the sites outright if you knew what they were, but I'm afraid that's as close as we can get. I think a content filter would be more in line with what you're looking for. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful here.

brad8
New Contributor

Thank you Sam, sorry for not providing more detail. I understand how to keep guest users off the internal LAN. The problem we are facing is that wireless guest users are downloading, from the Internet, copyright protected materials (movies, TV shows, music and video games) and sharing them on the Internet. The client's ISP has made them aware of this activity and requested they stop their wireless guest users from doing this. So my question is how to keep guest users from downloading and sharing copyright protected multi-media content. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can block guests from any internal resources (or all but some specified internal resources) with the Guest-Internet-Access-Only firewall policy on the SSIDs user profile. This guide reviews how to set that up: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/How-to-Configure-Guest-Internet-Access-Only

Is that what you were looking for?

GTM-P2G8KFN