cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC binding numbers per private PSK doesn't work

MAC binding numbers per private PSK doesn't work

f_andringa
New Contributor

I have created a ssid where want to limit devices to be able to connect. Those who are allowed to connect are given a private pre-shared key and after the first connect i want the mac address to be bound to private pre-shared key. I have configured the policy according to the manual but whenever a have selected MAC binding numbers per private PSK devices can connect by private pre-shaerd key password but never receives a ip adres. Somehow the mac isn't being bind i think. When i deselect MAC binding numbers per private PSK all devices succesfully connect

3 REPLIES 3

f_andringa
New Contributor

Hello

The downgrade of HiveOS to version v8.2r5 did the trick. Thank you for your support

f_andringa
New Contributor

Hello,

Sorry for the late response but yes i have configured a static IP on my AP250. Currently it is running HivOS v8.4r9a and is being managed from an on prem NG console. I've decided to upgrade NG to the latest version available. If that doesn't work i will downgrade HiveOS to the current golden release. I will keep you posted on the progress.

bpowers
Contributor

Frank,

I assume you've statically set an IP on an AP that is acting as your PPSK MAC Binding server? As those are requirements to do Mac binding. I've done it on more than one occasion and by in large it works as expected. What AP types are you using and what code are you running? Are you in legacy HM or new HM? On prem or in Aerohive cloud?

GTM-P2G8KFN