cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Map function is inconsistent. Only maps 2.4GHz, or not at all. We are experiencing poor wifi connectivity in some areas, and are unable to use the maps to aid in troubleshooting the problem.

Map function is inconsistent. Only maps 2.4GHz, or not at all. We are experiencing poor wifi connectivity in some areas, and are unable to use the maps to aid in troubleshooting the problem.

ossutech
New Contributor
31 REPLIES 31

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm very sorry for the frustration here, I do see your point about adding the extra column. I'm going to submit a feature request on my side for this to be added, I'll keep you updated when I know more.

ossutech
New Contributor

It does help, somewhat. But when I look at the logs that I sent to you, the very first ones listed in the neighbor list are e01c 4115 53d4 and e01c 4115 53d5. well I have 4 different access points that begin with e01c 4115 53. So I never actually get around to troubleshooting the problem, I spend tons of time just figuring out which APs are actually having or causing the issues. How hard would it be to just add another column and include the serial number, or even the host name? I've been asking this same question for years!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

No worries at all, good to hear from you again! The BSSID is most of the MAC address of the AP, with the last couple characters changed from the APs MAC address to distinguish a unique address for that particular interface. So if you can find the AP that has the same starting MAC address as the BSSID, you can tell that the interface in question (each interface from the AP has it's own BSSID) is coming from that AP. Hope that helps!

ossutech
New Contributor

Sorry for the delay in responding. Busy times! I will send pictures along shortly, but do have questions about troubleshooting the 'loud neighbors'. The tech data output only lists the Bssid, and I can't find a way to cross reference that with serial number or mac address. Without that, how can we identify the offending AP?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Of course, the thread will stay active as long as you'd like. I'll look forward to the pictures, please let me know if I can help with anything else in the mean time.

GTM-P2G8KFN