cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map function is inconsistent. Only maps 2.4GHz, or not at all. We are experiencing poor wifi connectivity in some areas, and are unable to use the maps to aid in troubleshooting the problem.

Map function is inconsistent. Only maps 2.4GHz, or not at all. We are experiencing poor wifi connectivity in some areas, and are unable to use the maps to aid in troubleshooting the problem.

ossutech
New Contributor
31 REPLIES 31

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know those power levels. Those are higher than we'd like. I normally recommend adjusting the power down by 2dBm per test, pushing that out to the APs, letting them run for an hour as normal, then getting new tech data to check the progress. If you want to send me the tech data again I can let you know what we're seeing.

ossutech
New Contributor

Here are the power levels. Based on what you have indicated, they seem pretty high. I'm happy to make adjustments, but am not sure of the best way to go about it.

Thanks for your continued help with this.

12/5

Power WiFi 0  WiFi 1

RUHS

124 13 20

128 12 20

151 11 20

155 5 12

216 10 12

218 11 20

220 5 12

227 10 12

229 10 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for those pictures, the deployments look to be perfect for the environment so I don't think the CRC failures are going to be caused by your environment (there are some factors in the rooms that will cause some inevitable signal damage, such as the projector or the metal poles, however they aren't right next to the AP so I don't think they are our main issue).

The map was also very helpful, the APs do seem to be all stacked close together. Could you tell me what power level these APs are at currently? You should be able to see that on the Monitor tab of the HiveManager.

For the second floor especially, with that dense of an AP deployment, we might want to bring the power down to 4-5 to start with (some similar deployments with an AP in almost every room have gone as low as 1-2 for the power level, so as not to overlap signals). However, I usually recommend only changing the power by 2dBm per test, so we aren't causing drastic fluctuations in coverage in a production environment.

ossutech
New Contributor

Sam, here are the photos of the 3 classrooms with high CSC errors. I also included a floor plan, so you can see their relative locations. 229 has some lights strung up now. They were not there when the report was printed.

ossutech
New Contributor

OK, thanks. I'm working on pictures of the classrooms with the high CRC errors, but may not get those uploaded until tomorrow.

GTM-P2G8KFN