cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My users are having a lot of connection issues.

My users are having a lot of connection issues.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Most of the time people are using the wired network. Works fine. Lately (last 2 months+) people are having more and more issues connecting to the wifi and are getting dropped when moving around the office. The vendor who installed the AP's came in to do some diag and has more information, I can put you in touch with him if that helps.

15 REPLIES 15

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for those logs. I've sent you some screen shots so you can exactly what I'm referencing in your data.

The first screen shots labeled show acsp neighbor wifi0/1 shows the output for the command "show acsp neighbor" for wifi0 and wifi1 respectively. In this output, the RSSI values we want to see would be -75 or lower. The closer to 0 this value is, the louder that AP is, and the more interference you will be experiencing. In your case you can see we have several neighbors in the -50s and -40s, which are much too loud. I would recommend lowering the power on your APs (I usually lower by 2dBm per test to avoid drastic shifts in coverage).

The next two screen shots labeled show interface wifi0/1 show some deeper stats on how the radios are doing. You can see that both are in a state of high collision (we want that to be Good or Fair), and that your CRC rates are very high (42% and 69% respectively). CRC errors are usually related to environmental interference factors. These factors include mainly metal, glass, water, or large amounts of people. All of these factors tend to reflect, refract, or generally damage your signal, leading to more retries, which leads to slower WiFi speeds. If you'd like to send some pictures of a couple typically placed APs with as much of the surrounding environment showing as possible, I can let you know if I see any environmental factors that may be causing issues for you.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
The full list except for the one that is powered off. I'll enable it and send that one soon.

t
device_support_logs_2019-Mar-05-19_36_24.tar.gz
<>

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Here is the first one. Working on the others now.
device_support_logs_2019-Mar-05-19_34_35.tar.gz
<>

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It should give you a file that you would either attach to this post or email over to me. When you choose to download tech data, you should see a small new window pop up saying "Get Tech Data" and something along the lines of processing your request. Then it should give you a file with the tech data included. If that isn't working for you, could you try the CLI approach with the guide I linked?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Here is the techdata from all the AP's but one. I had to power it off because it was just returning "password invalid" any time someone tried to connect.

Actually, I ran this:

To get tech data using HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com) go to

Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the device> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page this time).

And it seems to process ok but at the end it doesn't generate a file or anything. Does it upload it to you directly?
GTM-P2G8KFN