cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newer OSX clients having packet loss issues on one AP - AP250

newer OSX clients having packet loss issues on one AP - AP250

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

WE have 5 AP250's all running 8.2r3. One AP is having issues with a specific set of newer OSX clients (any USB-C macbook). Windows devices, older macbooks , iphones/android devices all seem unaffected. affected clients are dropping 50%-50% of packets during a ping test. WHen the client connects to another AP in our center, no issues. THe AP250's are less than a year old, bought through Dell.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I have experienced 5-10% ping loss with OSX macs, but this was due to WIPS. When WIPS was diluted to not scan for wireless rogues, the ping tests achieved 100% success.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Im seeing the same thing, but across most of my AP’s.  I went and edited the network policy, and looked at WIPS, but its turned off.  So, ill move onto the next possible issue.  Thanks, Jason.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I have experienced 5-10% ping loss with OSX macs, but this was due to WIPS. When WIPS was diluted to not scan for wireless rogues, the ping tests achieved 100% success.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The next time you are seeing packet drops would you be able to run a client monitor to see any devices failing or being dropped, and/or run a packet capture so we can get a look at the traffic during the time of the issue? If you'd like to send that data directly to me, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

Andre4
New Contributor

We had another drop out. 13 days apart. So we monitoring a client now to see if logs help.

GTM-P2G8KFN