cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newer OSX clients having packet loss issues on one AP - AP250

newer OSX clients having packet loss issues on one AP - AP250

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

WE have 5 AP250's all running 8.2r3. One AP is having issues with a specific set of newer OSX clients (any USB-C macbook). Windows devices, older macbooks , iphones/android devices all seem unaffected. affected clients are dropping 50%-50% of packets during a ping test. WHen the client connects to another AP in our center, no issues. THe AP250's are less than a year old, bought through Dell.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I have experienced 5-10% ping loss with OSX macs, but this was due to WIPS. When WIPS was diluted to not scan for wireless rogues, the ping tests achieved 100% success.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Andre4
New Contributor

We have x 5 AP250 in EMEA dropping randomly while using 8.2R4 and support mentioned it was antenna and neighbours. However, we upgraded and 8.2R5 and same but less drops. Pushed out the 8.4R10... 8 hours later fingers crossed. All our clients are OSX with mix USB-C air and older models.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

I would suggest that you open a case through your support channel to get a detailed look into the issue. I see that you have Dell support so it would be best to open a case with Dell and they will open a case directly with Aerohive if needed.

SysAdmin13
New Contributor

Updating all AP250's to 8.2R4 did not solve the issue. I received a device update failure when attempting to upgrade the affected AP to 8.4R10. Client devices only experience the packet loss issue when connected to the affected AP.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

On the Macs, what does the wifi menu bar indicate when you hold down the option key to display detailed connection status? Are the troubled ones connecting to a particular AP? Do you have enough capacity built for the number of clients supported in the affected area?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Can you please update the device to the current Golden Release HiveOS, 8.2r4? Then please test the same device on the Latest Release, 8.4r10 and let me know if there is any difference in your client's experience.

GTM-P2G8KFN