Older LG phone will not connect to our wifi

tgillgren1
New Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you've got a template with Radio Profiles assigned, those will be overwritten if you assign a Radio Profile on the device specific settings. So in other words, if you see a different Radio Profile assigned when you go to Manage (Devices)> Click on the hostname of the AP> Click Configure on the left hand side menu> Go to Interface Settings> and expand Wireless Interfaces, than the one you see when you go to Configure (Network Policies)> Open the Network Policy in use> Go to Device Templates within the Network Policy, the first one will take precedence.

Can you clarify for me, it sounds like the device specific Radio Profiles have both the wifi0 (2.4GHz) and wifi1 (5GHz) radio set to 802.11ax, is that right?

tgillgren1
New Contributor

If you are asking about the template this is the AP650 template which has Radio mode set to 802.11g/n and radio profile set to AX for 2G and then radio mode 802.11ac with radio profile AX for 5G.

I did not get much time with the actual LG phone. It had options for PEAP in the connection settings but I don't know what radio modes it supports as the owner did not know what model it was.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What radio mode are you using (in the Radio Profile on your devices), and what radio modes does the LG phone support?

GTM-P2G8KFN