Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bug with the PSSK local group?

Possible Bug with the PSSK local group?

pagella
New Contributor III

Hi there,

there might be a bug regarding the local PPSK User / Group

Whenever i add a user to a local PPSK group and the username has a space for example "Peter Weingarten" i cannot use the PPSK to login. I always get an error bad password.

When i create a user without any space for example "Peter" im able to login with the PPSK.

Is this normal?

12 REPLIES 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you email us at communityhelp@aerohive.com, we can look in to the request for you to see where it stands. Unfortunately there is no way for you to track these requests as they are worked on, but you should see any additions made because of these requests in the release notes for our HiveOS and HiveManager updates.

pagella
New Contributor III

@Stephen Komoll-INACTIVE​ 

Hi Stephen thanks for the reply. I did it.

Is there any possibility to see what u guys are working on or atleast track whats been requested?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hello @antoniutz pagella​.

• I verified that this portion of the Email Template cannot be edited and the language does not adjust based on the HM language selected.
  • You cannot adjust a User Group that has a User associated by design. The user has to abide by the rules defined in the group. You can edit a User Group that has no associated Users.
  • We do not have the ability to generate QR codes for login assistance. Also, you cannot automatically switch SSIDs without actively doing so on a client device.
  • Employee approval is an option within the Self-Registration configuration. This would allow approval with the GUI/Guest Manager Accounts.

You can submit feature requests through the HM directly by selecting the Message Icon just below the "?" on the right/middle of the GUI. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

pagella
New Contributor III

@Sam Pirok (Aerohive)​ that is the upper part of the email user receive when registering or when i trigger the Password mail.

The text below is changeable, the upper part shown in the picture is not changeable.

I would like to change the text ( Your access Key etc.) to another language and maybe remove Infos like expires in. But this is not an option when i create a new Email template

I have a few others point that we dont like

• is that i am not able to change the group of an existing user. This is really annoying. If possible i would like to have a feature request for it .
  • Isnt it possible to generate a QR code for the User in the Email that connects him to the right SSID including the PPSK Password? Or maybe it is possible to redirect directly from one ssid to another?
  • I dont see any option to approve user from the webinterface only via Mail
  • Filtering the non approved is also not possible. Only filtering by approved Users
  • As mentioned elsewhere please allow the Gast Manager to do more. At this point for us it is useless for us

Im sorry for bothering you so much with it but im having trouble convincing management to use your solution for our guest management

GTM-P2G8KFN