cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up a mesh between two AP122 - connection lost when moving the mesh point

Problems setting up a mesh between two AP122 - connection lost when moving the mesh point

leif_b_rodland
New Contributor

In our office building we have wifi connection to the AP from a PC til the AP122. Pretty good connection, but not top. I want to set another AP122 as a mesh in the room and use the Eth-port as a bridge to a wired printer. I have confugured the mesh AP, and everything work as long as they are nearby each other.

But when I move the mesg AP to the other room It never connect back to portal.

I have used the wifi1 5 ghz to mesh on radio mode 802.11 a/n ; High capasity 40 Mhz-11na profile,Channel 44 and power 20.

Both AP has same HiveOS etc, so they are identical configured.

I think it's strange that the mesh AP do not mange to connect to the portal as long as a regular PC do not have any problems from the same room/location.

Anything I should try/cahnge ?

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Mesh requires a clear line of sight between the portal AP and the remote AP. If you are losing connection when moving to a different room, it means that line of sight is broken and the signal is too weak after it moves through whatever obstacles that are in the way.

GTM-P2G8KFN