cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with connections on AP230

Problems with connections on AP230

beheer1
New Contributor

We have 2 AP230's running HiveOS 8.4r4 build-207528. They are connected to a SR2208P Switch.

When I login to Hivemanager, I have several users showing up as having a Poor connection. These users are at the most 4 meters (12ft) from the AP's, in an open space.

When I do a speedtest on my phone, I get speeds varying from 10% to 90% of the available bandwidth.

At times users have a full 3 bars, but cannot get a single bit through the connection.

So in short, the wifi is quite unreliable.

Also when I check the connected clients, the session time tells me they are connected since 1970 (session time 17814 Days 10 Hrs 26 Mins 26 Secs).

Clients are connected through PPSK, depending on the password a user gets pointed to the local or guest network.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

8 REPLIES 8

beheer1
New Contributor

It seems so. I will test the coming weeks to see if the problem arises again. There are still some users that show up as poor, but I guess that might be interference. Even-though we have 2 AP-230's in a space of 90x15ft with no walls.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks excellent news, thanks very much for sharing! Does that clear up both the guest SSID we weren't able to connect to and the intermittent failures ?

beheer1
New Contributor

I seem to have figured it out. Our installer set up a schedule for the guest network. But with a failing NTP server, the time was out of sync. Turning off the schedule fixed the issue

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The inconsistent login is usually caused by RF interference, but for the SSID we can't connect to at all, I'd like to see a client monitor so we can see exactly which step is failing in the authentication process, and that will tell us where to troubleshoot. If you can send me new tech data, I can let you know how the RF environment looks today.

GTM-P2G8KFN