cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HiveManager Webinterface

Problems with HiveManager Webinterface

christoph_vonwi
New Contributor

I installed a new HiveManager VM (on Premise / 19.5.1.7-NGVA) and tried to set it up.

1) I cannot install an SSL Certificate

I created a CSR converted it to BASE64 format with OpenSSL signed it with our internal CA and tried to upload the .cer file in "Global Settings"->"HTTPS Certificate"->"Upload signed CSR" and press "Save" nothing seems to happen.

(Browser Console shows: home.js.uncompressed.js:195601 Error parsing server result: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input)

2) I cannot add an External Radius Server under "Common Objects"->"Authentication"->"External RADIUS Servers". There is no input box for "IP/Hostname" which would be mandatory to be filled out. Without this information I cannot save the dialog.

3) The german "translation" is a mess. You should better fix it or remove it.

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For the error message, you'll want to file a feature request with your sales representative so we can see about adding that to a later release.

There are no certificate settings in the :3000 interface.

christoph_vonwi
New Contributor

For point 1 - it would be really helpful to get a message indicating success or failure and a notification about the necessary reboot.

For point 2 - why there is an add button when you are not supposed to add something in this place?

I feel a bit like a beta tester...

3) is there a way to change the certificate of the HMVA Management on port 3000? Or do I have to stick with an expired certificate for "Default Company Ltd"?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

For point 1, when you click save and the certificate is correct, nothing does actually happen. As long as the certificate is correct you'll just need to reboot the HiveManager for this to apply.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Christoph, thank you for the detailed feedback. For the certificate issue, I would recommend opening a technical support case so we can troubleshoot that with you. For building an external Radius, it's expected that you can't create that via Common Objects, you would want to create that in the SSID work flow, and you can view existing objects in the Common Objects area. For the translation issues, I would recommend informing your sales engineer of errors you find, so he can submit a feature request to have that updated. If you are unsure of who to contact for your sales engineer, I can email that to you directly.

GTM-P2G8KFN