Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SSID assignation

Problems with SSID assignation

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hello

I have several access points spreads in different locations. They have their location assigned (location->building->floor).

For example

Gonesse -> Libreary-> Floor1: AP01 AP02

Gonesse -> Music School -> Floor 1 : AP15

Gonesse -> Music School -> Floor 2: AP16

etc

Now in my Policy, I have created several SSIDs, checked "Assign SSIDs using Classification Rules" and created rules based on location. For example

SSID "Music School" assigned with a rule "location contains "Music School"

etc

Deploying, uptadingn rebooting, finger crossing.. and.. it just does not work, every SSID is deployed in every access point. Where am i missing something ?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This guide reviews how to create an external admin in HiveManager: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Allowing-Support-Access-to-HiveManager

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Sure; i will send you those informations via private message as soon as I figure out how to do this 😄

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for your patience, I was able to lab this out and Ashley is correct, those rules should only assign SSIDs to the APs that meet the classification rule. I'm going to remove my first answer in case others find this thread, I don't want anyone to be confused. Could you grant external access to slynn@aerohive.com so I can take a look at the current configuration? I'll also need to know your organization name, which can be found in Global Settings> Account Details.

GTM-P2G8KFN