Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SSID assignation

Problems with SSID assignation

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hello

I have several access points spreads in different locations. They have their location assigned (location->building->floor).

For example

Gonesse -> Libreary-> Floor1: AP01 AP02

Gonesse -> Music School -> Floor 1 : AP15

Gonesse -> Music School -> Floor 2: AP16

etc

Now in my Policy, I have created several SSIDs, checked "Assign SSIDs using Classification Rules" and created rules based on location. For example

SSID "Music School" assigned with a rule "location contains "Music School"

etc

Deploying, uptadingn rebooting, finger crossing.. and.. it just does not work, every SSID is deployed in every access point. Where am i missing something ?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

In that case, the troubleshooting I'd like to start with will include:

1) Enabling all SSIDs on the device specific interface for one or two devices. If there are specific devices you would like me to test with, please let me know.

2) Pushing out a complete configuration to your devices, this will require a reboot of the APs I'm working on, please let me know if that is okay.

3)Checking the running config and tech data for the APs to see what SSIDs are broadcasting and what assignment rules are showing.

4) If I don't find anything helpful in the tech data, I'd like to add one of my lab APs to your HiveManager, push your configuration to the AP, and test from there. This may include adding a test user to a user group, and possibly adding a temporary entitlement key if you don't have an extra license to cover my lab device.

Would any of these steps cause a problem for your network? If you'd rather troubleshoot with a technician over the phone, I'd recommend opening a technical support case with your VAD, who should be in the same time zone as you.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Yes, you can troubleshoot at will in the afternoon. You look to be based
in the USA, afternoon for you is night for us, nobody is using the
service at night here.

Le 06/11/2019 à 19:12, Aerohive Customer Community a écrit :

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Can we schedule a troubleshooting window where we can leave the SSIDs as they are without manually disabling them? It's going to be difficult to troubleshoot the issue when the issue isn't present.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Well SSIDs are assigned correctly because I switched them manually, in each access point: Configure->interface settings->wireless -> switching on and off each SSID for each radio.

I had to do this because the assignation rules were not applied each time i was plugging a new AP.

The Music School APs cannot be onlined for the moment, they are in the process of being physically installed. But the problem is the same for other rooms like "Salle Aragon" location for example. Look at AP14:

• With assignation rules it should braodcast only SSIDs "musee_numerique" and "Wifi_public_aragon"
  • When I go to AP14 screen, monitor->system information , I see the broadcasted SSID are "musee_numerique" and "ecole_de_musique". I have no idea why "ecole_de_musique" is broadcasted there, as it is not in assignation rules and i manually switched it off in AP14 config screen.
  • When I connect to surrounding APs and go to "surrounding access points", I see only "Musee_numerique". So finally maybe the previous information about "ecole_de_musique" is just a display bug.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for adding me, I took a look at all the connected APs and they seem to have only the SSIDs assigned to them via the classification rules. The Music Room APs are disconnected from the HiveManager, and likely didn't take the update properly. Would you be able to reconnect those APs to the HiveManager and attempt that configuration update again? This guide reviews how to manually connect APs to the HiveManager for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-Guide-for-HiveManager-NG

GTM-P2G8KFN