cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Reports: How do I send the counts of the clients from the reports? Right now it shows the percentage or the bar with no actual number. Only in the dashboard is where the numbers display if I hover the arrow over the area.

Reports: How do I send the counts of the clients from the reports? Right now it shows the percentage or the bar with no actual number. Only in the dashboard is where the numbers display if I hover the arrow over the area.

albert_macapaga
New Contributor

Any of the report selections do not show the actual number but a percentage. I want the email that is sent out to have the actual client count of the sessions for the day or the week or the month. How is this done??

15 REPLIES 15

albert_macapaga
New Contributor

ā€‹Hi Sam,

Thanks for the detailed answers.

Albert C. Macapagal

Information Technology Network Analyst | Electronic Services Support Section

Hawaii State Public Library System

3225 Salt Lake Blvd., Suite 202A, Honolulu, HI 96818 | (808) 831-6891

Email: albert.macapagal@librarieshawaii.org<mailto:albert.macapagal@librarieshawaii.org> | Web: librarieshawaii.org

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III
  1. This depends on how much room the HiveManager has in general, but on average about 3 days-2 weeks.
  2. We can't store data longer in the HiveManager, but you can set up a syslog server to funnel the data to for long term data collection.
  3. If the APs experience a reboot, the report information/dashboard reports will not alter. These reports are based on periodic check-ins with the APs (typically every 10 minute if a background scan gets through), so it isn't showing real time data and won't update it's own data until it has another successful check-in with the AP.
  4. I would recommend a syslog server, or something similar.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying, we don't have a way to alter the exported reports to show different data. I would typically offer to submit a feature request to have this added to a later release, but we aren't developing HiveManager Classic any further, all new features will be added to HiveManager (formerly NG).

albert_macapaga
New Contributor
Hi Sam,

Exporting the report to a file format is not a problem. What I need is for the numbers to be displayed within the report rather than a pie percentage that doesn't show the total or breakdown of the client count.

VHM ID:VHM-0Y837G
Software Version:8.2r2e
Build Time:2019-06-11 01:52:35

I also have a few questions regarding the numbers for daily, weekly and monthly reports.
1.How long is the client data saved?
2.Can it be extended to keep client data longer?
3.What happens if I were to reboot and refresh the access point configuration, will the data disappear or be kept?
4.What are options in keeping historical client information with our current system?

Thanks

Albert C. Macapagal
Information Technology Network Analyst | Electronic Services Support Section
Hawaii State Public Library System
3225 Salt Lake Blvd., Suite 202A, Honolulu, HI 96818 | (808) 831-6891
Email: albert.macapagal@librarieshawaii.org | Web: librarieshawaii.org
GTM-P2G8KFN