Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Admin password Aerohive NG appliance

Reset Admin password Aerohive NG appliance

gj_dollekens
New Contributor

Hi,

Does anybody know if it’s possible to reset the “admin “ password from the HiveManager NG appliance?

Appliance Build Version: 11.26.3.5

We changed it during installation, document it but for some reason it doesn’t accept it. We need to logon as admin to do upgrades!

Thanks!

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

Gert Jan Dollekens

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know, the case certainly shouldn't be taking that long for this process alone. Could you provide the case number so I can check on the status of the case for you? If you'd rather share this with me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

gj_dollekens
New Contributor
Thank you Sam!

Our partner opened a case (3-11-2018) at Aerohive support but I didn’t hear a thing yet…
Is it a complicated action?

Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

Gert Jan Dollekens
Systeembeheerder

Dekker Zevenhuizen BV

T +31 180630967
M +31 610478578
E gj.dollekens@dznet.nl

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We'd need to open a support case and set up a call to do this when you have access to the CLI of the HiveManager. We're going to have to go in to the Shell, set the password to something generic, then have you reset the password to something secure once you log back in successfully. Once you open a support ticket, you'd want to provide your system ID, which can be found on your license management page within the global settings of your HiveManager.

GTM-P2G8KFN