cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Registration approval request sent to specific email address

Self Registration approval request sent to specific email address

itdept4
New Contributor

I have successfully set up self registration with employee approval. The issue is you can type in any email address within the domain and get approved.

We have students that are smart enough to type in their own email address to get approved. Or perhaps their favorite teacher that will approve them

Is there a way to limit which email addresses can be entered? Or perhaps no choice for the user and the request is always sent to the same email?

What would really be cool (Guess this would be a feature request)

-Have a pre-approved list that a user can check the name the of the person for the email to be sent to.

The guest walks in, goes to captive portal, fills out info. There is a radio button list of who should approve the request.

The Highschool?

The Middleschool ?

The Primary?

They select which building... it will go to the email address I have assigned to that choice.

3 REPLIES 3

nico
New Contributor

Maybe it's not the exact thing you are looking for, but you can create and modify a custom captive portal page. I made an adjustment so only specific domains are allowed in the e-mail field.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately we currently don't have a way to restrict which email addresses within the domain can approve. I would strongly recommend submitting your feedback and ideas via the feedback option within the HiveManager GUI (assuming you are using the online version). There should be a small chat bubble icon on the right hand side of most pages (along with the question mark icon). This feedback option submits your feedback directly to our engineering team, so they can work on implementing these changes for you.

Good morning, Do you know if there is already a solution for this case?
We have not been able to restrict a specific email to carry out the approval within the domain
GTM-P2G8KFN