cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send PPSK by mail in a Secure Internet Portal

Send PPSK by mail in a Secure Internet Portal

systems2
New Contributor

I have followed this procedure (https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/PPSK-SSID-in-NG) to create a portal where the users register with email and pass against a RADIUS.

If the users are in a certain domain group, the system returns a PPSK so that they can login to another SSID.

Everything is correct, but it does not send the PPSK by mail because although the user enters an email in the "User Name" field, the system does not interpret it as such. How could I do it so that the system automatically sends the PSPK by mail?

If I add manually an user in my "User Group" I can select an "Email Address" as "User Name". I need to do this in the captive portal but I don´t know If i can.

I hope I have explained myself.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

belloli_n
New Contributor

Was there any resolution to the issue that U-tad Systems was reporting? I am seeing a very similar issue - although, I am using an on-premise hivemanager with a local email server. I know that my email server settings are good due to the fact that I receive both admin Welcome messages and Alerts. But I am not receiving any records in email logs or PPSK messages when going through the guest registration process.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There isn't a way to require the email address in that form, but you should see the emails in the email logs. Could you send me a picture of your email logs page? If you'd rather send it to me directly, my email address is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

systems2
New Contributor

There is no record in email logs. We do not have a local SMTP server. Emails that we send manually once the email field is filled are sent from the address "Aerohive Networks <no-reply@aerohive.com>".

The problem is that we don't know how to make the form record the user's email.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for those screen shots. Would you be able to replicate the issue and then check email logs by going to Global Settings> Email logs (left hand side menu under the Logs header)? I'd like to see if the HiveManager has any record of trying to send those credentials out. Are we using a local SMTP server on your back end network? If so, could we check those logs as well to see if your server sees any traffic?

GTM-P2G8KFN