cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several AP on upper floors have horrible interference

Several AP on upper floors have horrible interference

gsiemens
New Contributor

We have 4 AP's per floor in a 6 story building. The AP's have supposedly been professionally planned and channels have also been planned for no overlap.

The problem is that several AP's on the upper floors are experiencing interference to the point that clients rarely connect to them.

interference on radio1 5ghz

ap43 57% rx crc - channel 149 Floor 6

ap42 90% rx crc - channe l 60 Floor 6

ap41 94% rx crc - channel 36 Floor 5

ap38 78% rx crc - channel 52 Floor 5

ap36 46% rx crc - channel 48 Floor 4

ap30 50% channel 44 Floor 3 (suspect this unit may have other problems)

All other AP's (19 others) are experiencing from 0% to 15%

I have tried changing the channels to automatic and once channels shuffle interference goes down and up +-2% - hardly a difference. Interference on the 2.4 band is extremely bad as well. (40-90%)

I have attached a copy of our WAP locations (green dot) and configuration - ignore the version mismatches.. we are working on a separate issue that requires lowers versions on certain AP's. This problem was prior to that as well.

Any idea what could be causing this and why it is so bad on the upper floors?

2 REPLIES 2

admin32
New Contributor

I had one that was like that but it was constantly 99-100%, moving it to a different location it was the same.

the quick test is to unplug one and swop it temp with another good one to see if that picks up the same interference or whether the problem follows with the AP, mine was replaced under warranty and the new one was fine in same location with same config loaded, have heard of others having similar issues, was 250 model

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for those pictures, would you be able to send me tech data from a problematic AP? If you'd like to send that directly to me, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN