cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade AP230 Hive OS to golden version? The first two failed and ended up with RMA.

Should I upgrade AP230 Hive OS to golden version? The first two failed and ended up with RMA.

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Hi, everyone,

Last week I upgraded to AP230's to the golden Hive OS release and they both lost connectivity and got stuck in a loop during boot. Reset button didn't fix it, and after a support representative connected by remote and tried flashing the OS image in a console session he determined that we just had to do an RMA. Now I wonder if I should try upgrading any of my other AP230's. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the question Steve. I would recommend you open a case with technical support before you try updating the third AP. Get tech data before you try to update the HiveOS so we have a base line. If you can get on a call with technical support and update the AP with them on the line so we can observe, then if the issue happens again tell them you want a "root cause analysis" so we can send your case to our engineering team for further investigation

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

xemanth
New Contributor

Did the firmware which you tried to flash... happen to be 8.4r10 or close to that version ?

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Thanks very much for the reply - I will follow your advice!

Steve

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the question Steve. I would recommend you open a case with technical support before you try updating the third AP. Get tech data before you try to update the HiveOS so we have a base line. If you can get on a call with technical support and update the AP with them on the line so we can observe, then if the issue happens again tell them you want a "root cause analysis" so we can send your case to our engineering team for further investigation

GTM-P2G8KFN