Solid orange light AP won't reset.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
19 REPLIES 19

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The most likely cause for that is the IP address/subnet/gateway was invalid. That command alone is not enough, you also need to set the default gateway of the AP with the command: ip route default gateway <address>

I would highly recommend doing this through the GUI so these settings aren't lost with every configuration update/reboot.

mehdi_samir
New Contributor

​Hello,

I configured the old IP address manually with the command int mgt0 ip x.x.x.x/24 , and when I checked the AP it's not stopping rebooting .What could be the solution please?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm glad it's connected again for you. If you want to set the IP address statically you'll want to click on the Host Name of the Device> Go to Device Configuration (left hand side menu under Configuration)> Under the management interface section choose Static Address and enter the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway> Push this out as a complete configuration to the AP.

mehdi_samir
New Contributor

​Hi sam,

Good news, teh AP was just loosing the capwap. I have consoe it, and I have forced the capwap

currently, I can see it up, and reach the hive manager ,but with another IP address. How can I do to get the old Ip address.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

mehdi_samir
New Contributor

The AP didn't change the Ip given that the ping works sometimes. I think that something is wrong on the AP: even the power,or the AP itself. I will try to connect by console this evening, and I will keep you posted.

GTM-P2G8KFN