cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some devices do not see SSIDs

Some devices do not see SSIDs

systems2
New Contributor

We have a problem in witch some models of laptops cannot see published SSIDs. We have tried to update wifi drivers to latest version but there is no result. Laptops are new and multi-manufacturer models, so we don't know what's happening.

4 REPLIES 4

systems2
New Contributor

Hi,

We have found the solution! I write it here in case anyone has the same problem.

We were installing the latest driver from the laptop manufacturer (e.g. Lenovo). It has been fixed by installing the latest driver from the manufacturer of the wifi card (e.g. Intel). With this all users can see all the SSIDs.

Thanks anyway!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that screen shot, those rates look like they shouldn't be causing a problem. Would you be able to add me as an external user to your HiveManager with the email address slynn@aerohive.com? No changes will be made, I just want to take a look around your configuration to see if anything looks like it might cause this behavior.

If you would be comfortable adding me, please also let me know your Organization name (Silhouette icon in top right corner> Global Settings> Account details) and what Network policy I should be looking at if there is more than one available.

systems2
New Contributor

Hi,

I´m using HiveManager (cloud-ie.aerohive.com) and these are my Rate Settings:

3617092713eb43d4b3c2c2407348fb81_0690c000008uPXrAAM.png

The strange thing is that they are quite new and with the latest official driver installed. For example: https://www.lenovo.com/es/es/laptops/ideapad/500-series/IdeaPad-510-15-inch-Intel/p/88IP5000722

Thanks!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you check the data rates enabled on your SSIDs to make sure we aren't disabling the data rates needed by your laptops? If you can tell me which HiveManager platform you are using, I can give you more specific instructions on where to find the data rates.

This guide will walk you through how to determine which HiveManager you are using, for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using

GTM-P2G8KFN