Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID Two Times visible

SSID Two Times visible

ibrahim_bilmis
New Contributor III

Hi Community,

Just configured an AP122x. With a simple SSID (WPA2 Persponal with ascii pw).. After deploying the policy, I see the SSID twice.. One is named as aspected and the other is the same name with a number '2' added.. Never seen this behavior on Aerohive AP's before.. Can somebody explain me what is different on an AP122x? The strange thing is,.. I'm able to connect on the second SSID as well 😞

ex.

"ABC "

"ABC 2"

Thanks,

Bram,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, could you SSH in to your AP and run the command "Show SSID" to see what SSIDs the AP knows about? I wouldn't recommend connecting to the unknown SSID until we figure out where that came from, it could be a rouge AP on your network and your data may not be safe. Also, could you send a screen shot of your network policy, showing the SSID list? If you'd rather share this with me directly, please feel free to send this to communityhelp@aerohive.com.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ibrahim_bilmis
New Contributor III

Hello Sam,

That's it.. I realized that I see the SSID's only on my laptop and my smartphone.. And not on another devices (regardless wat type it is .. ). So, It seems that I had a previous wifi profile with the same name.. the new SSID has a same name, but another authentication sequence.. from MAC+PW changed to PW only, I couldn't test it onsite yet, but mostpowerfully that would be the reason..

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Also, could you tell us what client device you are using when you see that second SSID?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the slow response, I wasn't able to find any reason for this in your tech data so I've been asking around to see if this has been seen before. I'd like to to either turn off the 2.4GHz radio to confirm this is coming from the Aerohive AP, or to reset the AP and then push a complete configuration to make sure we aren't seeing any old objects in play.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could we try disabling the 2.4GHz to see if it's still there? That would help narrow down where the SSID is coming from. The command "show ssid" should show any SSID that the AP knows about, could we get that screen shot of the configuration? Also if you could send tech data from an AP in this location to communityhelp@aerohive.com I can check the running configuration for you.

GTM-P2G8KFN