cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template inheritance from Network Policy

Template inheritance from Network Policy

cforrest
New Contributor

Since a recent power down even I have noted, and observed some of our AP's do not inherit the Location Template , I am not quite sure why this would be.

When you click on an AP within the site I can see a "Link Aggregation" policy, applied to the AP. Not what the Network Policy implies for that site. "AP250_EU_X" for example.

So to be sure here, our APs connect to an etherchannel on cisco equipment using both ports, with a native vlan of X and allowed of X,Y and Z. on eth0 and 1, with agg0 assigned to them. All AP's seem to be working ,. I needed to intervene on one of them and manually change the native vlan.

My question is, if the Network policy stipulates one template, how do AP's within this area inherit another. Just a little confused.

Note Some APs are set with a manual power etc, so overriding the policy. But does this effect other items inherited from policy also.

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The only way APs should use a template that isn't specified in the Network Policy would be if someone assigned a different template in the device specific settings. If they templates have changed without a manual change on the device settings, then you'd want to file a case to look in to why that change was made.

GTM-P2G8KFN