cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two of our AP121s running 6.4r1a will not update. I've rebooted both APs multiple times but every time I try to update it says "Device Update Failed"

Two of our AP121s running 6.4r1a will not update. I've rebooted both APs multiple times but every time I try to update it says "Device Update Failed"

barrettjerry6
New Contributor

The error message it gives is "The CLI 'save image https://cloud-va2.aerohive.com:443/afs-webapp/hiveos/images/AP141-6.5r12.img.S admin VHM-JLKLFZPN password *** basic no-prompt' execute failed, cause by: The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory. Reboot the Aerohive device and try again. If this problem persists, contact Aerohive Support."

7 REPLIES 7

MatzeKS
New Contributor III

Hi Sam, I'd be great if you can also provide me the latest "AP141-6.5r12.img.S" for AP121.

I'm unable to upgrade my two AP121 from 6.1.r1 to latest release via CloudIQ.

many thanks in advance

Matthias

barrettjerry6
New Contributor

Manually updating them worked. Thanks.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for letting me know, I've emailed you directly with the firmware files you will need and a guide that reviews how to update firmware via the APs Web UI. We'll need to update the AP to at least 6.5r3 in order to manage it via the HiveManager.

GTM-P2G8KFN