cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two of our AP121s running 6.4r1a will not update. I've rebooted both APs multiple times but every time I try to update it says "Device Update Failed"

Two of our AP121s running 6.4r1a will not update. I've rebooted both APs multiple times but every time I try to update it says "Device Update Failed"

barrettjerry6
New Contributor

The error message it gives is "The CLI 'save image https://cloud-va2.aerohive.com:443/afs-webapp/hiveos/images/AP141-6.5r12.img.S admin VHM-JLKLFZPN password *** basic no-prompt' execute failed, cause by: The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory. Reboot the Aerohive device and try again. If this problem persists, contact Aerohive Support."

7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'll want to set the SSID's VLAN in the user profile. To find this you'll want to go to Configure> Network Policy> Open the Network Policy in use> Go to the Wireless Networks tab in the Network Policy> Open the SSID in question> Scroll down to the User Access Settings section in the SSID> Click on the user profile in use (the blue object name) or click on the plus icon in this section to create a new user profile> The second field down will be the VLAN you want clients to use when connected to this SSID. Change that VLAN to 10 (click the plus icon and create a VLAN object for VLAN 10 if this is the first time you're using that VLAN in CloudIQ) and push a complete configuration out to your APs, and you should be good to go.

MatzeKS
New Contributor III
Hi Sam,

I got my two APs assigned in CloudIQ but I can’t find the mapping SSID to Vlan.

I’ve vlan 910 untagged for management of both APs and Vlan 10 tagged for user traffic on PoE+ Port towards AP.

I’m able to reach both APs in Vlan 910 (DHCP assigned IP) but I’m unable to get an IP in Vlan 10 once I connected to the SSID.

Did I missed something?

Thanx - Matthias
Am 25. Feb. 2020, 21:24 +0100 schrieb Aerohive Customer Community :

MatzeKS
New Contributor III

I got your email with related links - I*ll do the upgrades version by version and will let you know about the results.

Thanks so far 😉

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Matthias, I've emailed you the firmware for an AP141, please let me know if you have any trouble updating your devices from here.

GTM-P2G8KFN