Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create an additional Admin Account

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

In order to create an additional Admin Account, I login as the original admin account to HiveManager then go to Global Settings > Account Management

I can see the two existing admin accounts that both have the Role set to Administrator, but the ADD button is greyed out and we cannot add another administrator to our Aerohive Connect instance. 

I have shared this question along with our VHM ID to communityhelp@aerohive.com in hopes that someone at Aerohive will respond directly as it appears this is how other cases of this nature have been solved here on the community.

thanks,

-Jason

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There are three main HiveManager platforms; HiveManager Classic (a legacy product), HiveManager Select (the current, paid version of HiveManager) and HiveManager Connect (the current, free version of HiveManager with limited features).

I think you're looking for HHM, where you can manage multiple organizations in one HiveManager. This will also allow you to separate your two companies in their own organizations with access to only their own configuration and devices. This guide reviews how to enable HHM on HiveManager Select: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/HHM

robert_wambani
New Contributor

8523c86a661a4243ae09419a8c081432_0690c000008t3InAAI.png

robert_wambani
New Contributor

How many versions of hive manager do we have? i have tow companies installed and configured aerohive switches and access point, but i cannot create separate Admins for each account respectively, where they cannot see the others devices. Admin of company A should not see devices for company B on hive manager?Currently i can only have them under one account. this is the version of hive manager am running

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I've responded to your email but I wanted to share the answer here as well in case others run in to the same issue. I see your are using HiveManager Connect, which only allows for one internal admin and one external admin. To have more than this, you would need to upgrade to the paid HiveManager version, Select.

GTM-P2G8KFN