cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates stuck as "queued" for 30+ minutes, same with onboarding

Updates stuck as "queued" for 30+ minutes, same with onboarding

kelsotz
New Contributor
Hello, I've been using Extreme/Aerohive at the company I work for for quite some time now (A little over 4k APs). Updates to APs (complete updates or firmware updates) were instant or within 20-30 seconds of hitting the update button in the management console, but now are taking nearly 30-40+ minutes to onboard or update, just stuck saying "queued" for that duration. Sometimes they fail to update, others they'll successfully push the update. Has anyone else seen this recently or has anyone had this issue and found a resolution? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

kelsotz
New Contributor
The fix I found by searching through some of the other forums posts was going into device templates, opening them as if I were going to make a change, then just pressing save and doing that with each one. Updates were pushing instantly after that. Really weird fix, something is definitely broken there.

dennisph
New Contributor III
I noticed it was kind of slow as well when I onboarded with a .csv.  I noticed in my Palo firewall DTLS was being blocked going to AWS and I think extreme added some new IP ranges.  I hope they have not gone back to old code I remember fighting with extreme for months over this.  things worked much better when it was just Aerohive.

steven_rous
New Contributor
Yes I've noticed this also.   It seems to be intermittent - I think generally the XIQ cloud seems slower than HMOL ever was!   No solution found but interesting reply from Dan nevertheless will bear in mind we have 500+ APs to update soon!

DanS
New Contributor
I had this problem with over 1000 AP's just before Christmas. In the end I had to upgrade 100 at a time, but push a delta out to them first. If I did too many there were issues.

I got told it was probably down to network traffic etc on their end, so maybe choose a time of day that might be less issues (if you can). 

No resolution really.
GTM-P2G8KFN