Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating AP's stuck in Queue

Updating AP's stuck in Queue

DanS
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm currently trying to update 190 AP's to 10.3.3.0, all different types.

I've set a schedule for tomorrow AM. First one or 2 worked, could see the firmware go out to them. Then tried the next lot and it just seems to be stuck in queue. Been like this for 30min now.

Says at the top 190 ap's are being updated: 0%

Pretty sure something strange is going on here. Any way to force them? I scheduled this update for 4am tomorrow. Whats going to happen now if they don't update? Will they reboot? Fail?

Any help would be good.

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Thank you for those details, that definitely sounds like you'll want to open a technical support case so we can investigate that with you. I'd recommend enabling CAPWAP debugs on AP, pushing out the configuration update, wait for it to fail, then grab tech data and attach that to the case when you open it. That should give our techs more information on what exactly is failing during the update.

They'll also need to know your RDC, which you can tell them by providing your XIQ URL up to extremecloudiq.com.

DanS
New Contributor
Hi Sam,

We definitely still have an issue it seems. I just tried to push out a delta upgrade, and 4 AP650 just stopped responding, the other 30 just sat there saying configuration updating, and clicking on each AP, it looked like clients were all in a disconnected state during this time. Once the update timed out after 30min everything was back to normal. Not great!

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Typically, that shouldn't be an issue. If you have trouble bulk updating like that frequently, I might suggest opening a support case so we can look in to that further for you.

DanS
New Contributor
Hi Sam, I've not updated again yet as I missed my window and need to wait for the next one. I will give it a go though. I need to update 1500 AP's and was hoping I could just select all and go! But it really struggled to do even 30 at a time.
GTM-P2G8KFN