Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating AP's stuck in Queue

Updating AP's stuck in Queue

DanS
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm currently trying to update 190 AP's to 10.3.3.0, all different types.

I've set a schedule for tomorrow AM. First one or 2 worked, could see the firmware go out to them. Then tried the next lot and it just seems to be stuck in queue. Been like this for 30min now.

Says at the top 190 ap's are being updated: 0%

Pretty sure something strange is going on here. Any way to force them? I scheduled this update for 4am tomorrow. Whats going to happen now if they don't update? Will they reboot? Fail?

Any help would be good.

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
There's a chance someone else using the same RDC as you are had a large amount of updates going through at the same time, and your updates timed out while waiting for a chance to go through the queue. There were also some Amazon server issues going on last week that could have impacted updates. Are you still having update issues this week?

DanS
New Contributor
So they all timed out it looks like. Just tried manually updating and im getting about a 1/2 success rate. Is there an issue with anyone else? Wonder if there is an issue extremes end?

Last week I did 40 of these no issue.

DanS
New Contributor
Actually now the queue is coming down, nearly all are saying failed. Any idea why?

shoch
New Contributor

Hey DanS, 

We're seeing the same issue when trying to send out Delta updates. Made a small network policy change to block a student's cell phone via MAC address. Sent out a Delta, and they're all just sitting there, "queued." Annoying as all get out. I am already annoyed enough with how I have to block via MAC address. 

I've had this happen more than once. 

Did you ever find a solution? 

WTCVCC
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue tonight updating 42 APs (410 and 460). Did you ever get a solution?

GTM-P2G8KFN